Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Anam Cara and Moroccan Chicken Stew

Good Morning all:

I just wanted to do a quick post to give you the information on the book, Anam Cara, A Celtic Book of Wisdom by John O'Donohue AND the Moroccan Chicken Stew recipe we recently discussed on our podcast.

(You can find the podcast by the way at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seeking-the-truth/id385658934 or direct from our website at www.kwjradio.com

We haven't finished it completely, as of yet, so I can't say I wholeheartedly embrace every single droplet it shares.  I CAN say it is one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read.  I feel flowers grow in my mind when I read it.  Ever had that feeling?  :)  But of course, there's always a balance when taking in new information.  The key is to keep an open heart so you don't close yourself off to truths that may lead you to a more beautiful place, while at the same time, putting on your "mind filter" so that you don't blindly hop on board with any passing wisdom ships that happen to sail past your harbor...if that makes sense. 


http://www.amazon.com/Anam-Cara-Book-Celtic-Wisdom/dp/006092943X

Now, the Moroccan Chicken Stew recipe I promised to post in the last podcast: 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/moroccan-chicken-stew/Detail.aspx


I LOVE this.  It's delicious...IF you're bent toward the more exotic flavors.  WARNING:  Do not serve this at a dinner party if you are serving the non-adventurous palate.  This recipe calls for a can of Campbell's Tomato Soup, which is simpler.  However, if you can make you own slow-roasted tomato sauce with olive oil, it's obviously even more wonderful.  One thing I love about this recipe is that you can "mix and match" and really make it your own.  Substitue dried currents for the golden raisins, or serve with quinoa instead of couscous, etc.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment